Elephant Droppings

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Really Short Story

Many bloggers were tagged with the 55-word-story tag in the past weeks, and we got to read a number of little stories. Some were quite interesting -- my favorite is the one by silverine in the comments to this post. All this "short storying" reminded me of a joke:

A famous British newspaper once held a short-story writing competition. The only condition was that each entry should contain the elements of mystery, sex, and royalty. There were a large number of entries, but the shortest one was really short. It read: "The Queen is pregnant. Who did it?"

6 Comments:

  • Lol... And its a small small world! I wander into your blog and find a link to mine! I am always happy with FREE publicity! :o)

    Are you a fauji? Where in Delhi were you? Am I being intrusive?

    By Blogger pr!tz, at 11:54 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • About the link -- I am a frequent visitor to your blog, but today was the day I mastered the technique of presenting my Bloglines links on my blog.

    Me no fauji. "Technology" seemed so ordinary, so I selected a different virtual occupation :)

    I used to live in South Delhi for the major part of my stay there -- Kalkaji, Vasnt Kunj, SJ Enclave. A couple months in Vikas Puri too.

    Intrusive? Nope. Ask and thou shall be answered.

    By Blogger പാപ്പാന്‍‌/mahout, at 12:06 AM, October 19, 2005  

  • the queen is pregnant who did it? Now thats what a call a royal whodunit lol. thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. I sympathise with your Desktop dilemma. Have a friend exactly like you. She would miss a pin if I took it from the garbage dump her room used to be lol
    And me too thought you were a fauji.

    And thanks for the link to my blog and to my really short , short story :))

    By Blogger silverine, at 1:46 PM, October 19, 2005  

  • Quite funny :-)

    Thanks for all your comments. I just noticed them today!

    By Blogger sinusoidally, at 3:05 PM, October 19, 2005  

  • silverine, and sines -> Thanks for the kind words.

    By Blogger പാപ്പാന്‍‌/mahout, at 12:12 PM, October 21, 2005  

  • Well, you are tagged tooo!!! Check my blog for details and post yours soon! :-)

    By Blogger Jo, at 2:08 PM, October 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home